13 Thursday: Just My Type
1. Strangest thing said at the Mardi Gras Ball by Colleen to Mara, who was dressed in a suit for her Mardi Gras King election campaign: "Neckties are so phallic."
2. In the morning I like to make a second cup of tea but usually forget I poured it and end up not drinking it. Joe calls it my Placebo Effect second cup.
3. As a tea lover who likes to go to tea parties, the right-leaning Tea Party movement of angry citizens who recently hosted Sarah Palin to speak for $500 a seat is ruining the whole tea party appeal for me.
4. Republicans are against health care because they are fundamentally against any and all forms of assistance? If they could take away Social Security and Medicare, in all likelihood, they would. How is it possible that these Tea Party Brown Shirts do not understand that in supporting the Republicans, they are in fact supporting their own demise? ~ Author Caroline Myss from The Republican Strategy: Covert Destruction at all Costs HERE.
5. I don't have good energy reserves. After a busy weekend, I was exhausted to the point of tears on Monday, so Joe and I never made it Laughter Yoga class, but we walked to the mailbox laughing loudly the whole way.
6. My blog friend Deana recently wrote on her Facebook wall that when she throws corn to her chickens on nice mornings, she thinks about Cinderella throwing feed from her dress (even though she has no talking mice doing her laundry and fixing her hair). I answered: When I wake up in the morning I always think about a Neanderthal waking up from cryonic suspension.
7. But sometimes I rip off the covers like pulling a band-aid off a cut and leap out of bed like THIS just to get it over with.
8. No snow in Vancouver and too much here. To those who assume that global warming is a hoax because of the severe winter weather around the country, Steven Colbert said that's like looking outside at night, seeing the darkness and concluding that "the sun has been destroyed." An excellent Washington Post piece on that topic is HERE.
9. A writer without a computer is like a boat without a motor. Thank God for pencils and oars.
10. My favorite song to sing to Bryce is "Row Row Row Your Boat." After singing "gently down the stream" I like to end it with ... "Bryce is but a dream!"
11. Does anyone have any tech speculation as to why I can't upload videos to youtube on my PC but can on my laptop and why Microsoft word PC is chewing up letters as I type?
13. I think handwritten letters are sexy in a way that emails will never be.
Let your fingers do the walking HERE.