13 Thursday Sale
1. On Christmas Eve I was reminded of questions like 'how many people can you fit in a phone booth (do they still exist?) or 'how many can you fit in a Volkswagen?' See what I mean HERE.
2. Why did the chicken cross the road? I really did wonder that when I had to slow down for one that was crossing the parkway when I was driving to Roanoke recently.
3. I'm not much of a joiner but I couldn't resist joining the facebook club "I got a fruitcake for Christmas."
4. I also got a German stollen, which made me wonder what my husband was trying to fatten me up for.
5. My son Josh came home like a Santa, brought pottery and wood cutting board gifts, fixed my kitchen chairs, and turned Joe and I on to on to "Flight of the Conchords," which we watched video clips of on the laptop at the kitchen table HERE.
6. Speaking of tables, Bryce is right at home on top on the one pictured above.
8. PBS makes me cry. While Joe was away running a teen meditation retreat I watched a show on Gus Saint-Gaudens and his sculpture, some of which brought tears to my eyes. The next night I was inspired and sometimes moved to tears by PBS specials on the lives of Louisa May Alcott, the 1800's author most famous for Little Women, and 1930's author of the original Nancy Drew classics, Millie Benson, two very accomplished, feisty and creative women.
9. Louisa May Alcott used hashish and opium and had what is known today as Lupus. On her deathbed at the premature age of 55 her last words were, "Is it not meningitis?"
10. I think the back-to-the-landers who started communes in Floyd in the 70's could be the reincarnated Transcendentalists of Louisa May Alcott's time who started utopian communities in the 1800s.
11. Since Joe's been away, I've been feeling guilty about all the wood it takes to heat the whole house for one person, but it's been New York cold here.
12. A cherry pie is merry but the romance of Christmas is short lived. The day after I want to turn over and fall to sleep.
13. Watch me yell, "I LOVE 13!" HERE
Get your 13 Thursday good deals HERE.