1. “To live is so startling, it leaves but little room for other occupations.”- Emily Dickinson.
2. The above is the Victorian way to say what Irish pool player Danny McGoorty said this way: “I have never liked working. To me a job is an invasion of privacy.”
3. Joe recently said ‘Hasta la vista’ to me but I thought he said ‘Us still luvs Easter.’
4. There’s symmetry in the fact that I had two sons and then two grandsons. My sons have a half brother on their father’s side and my grandsons have a half brother on their mother’s.
5. I was able to sing the song I made up for my sons to my grandsons: I got two boys, and they’re bundles of joy.
6. “I asked her if I had to wear cowboy boots when I heard it was a barn wedding. She said I could if I wanted to but I might be the only one.” – Read the rest of the post on my son Dylan’s wedding to Kerri HERE.
7. We rode behind tractors / in intractable times / we slowed to watch/ the landscape pass / but didn’t / hit the brake … Read Missed My Exit in its entirety HERE.
8. As a writer, I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t have to reinvent anything, just tell the story I know.
9. We weren’t allowed to say “shut up” when we were kids up but we called each other “jerks” all the time.
10. Did you know that the tulip originated in Persia and Turkey, where they were an important part of the culture and worn in people’s turbans, which is probably why Europeans named them “tulips,” which is Persian for “turban?”
11. The more I know, the more I know I don’t know.
12. You can just call THIS dog artist “Jackson Paw-lock.”
13. The video above is my grandson Bryce and Joe playing and singing Bryce’s favorite Beatles song to Dylan and Kerri at their wedding.
Cheers! _________Thirteen Thursday