1. So last week I posted ‘It’s my bag or is it my baggage?’ and my friend Rick answered, “Depends on if you’re James Brown.”
2. That’s my friend Miriam pictured above at the 8th annual Floyd Mardi Gras. The picture below of Joe and me is titled “Twin Souls?’
3. Removing our environmental protections: It’s a degradation against my religion.
4. Paid protesters? Where can I apply for that job?
5. Well Trump did say he wanted to bring more jobs to the country, but I don’t think he meant that.
6. My poem Remedy was just published at The Poets Haven HERE.
7. How to Write a Poem: You’ve got to begin / the conversation / If you don’t listen / you can’t respond / If you don’t ask / there is no answer / and it ends before it starts / if you don’t write it down
8. “All you people out there who feel like there’s no mirror for you, that your life is not reflected, the Academy has your back, the ACLU has your back, we have your back and for the next four years we will not leave you alone, we will not forget you.” – Filmaker Barry Jenkins, accepting his Academy Award for Moonlight
9. “Last night’s Oscar blunder made me think of how I wanted the announcement of Trump winning to have someone come out and say it was a mistake. Didn’t happen, and now we’re in La La Land.” – My friend June on Facebook.
10. America First is turning out to be so un-American.
11. I think that reshaping reality through misinformation is the new form of conquer and plunder in the wild west of the internet, and the right has been being groomed for years: “How do you change the way a nation thinks? You can take an existing trending topic, such as fake news, and then weaponize it. You can turn it against the very media that uncovered it. Viewed in a certain light, fake news is a suicide bomb at the heart of our information system. Strapped to the live body of us – the mainstream media. More on this, the best thing I’ve read all week HERE.
12. “The Sun does not pick and choose who to shine on,” says my Dharmacratic poet friend Will
13. She Comes in Colors HERE.