1. Some people do yoga and others meditate. My practice is composing weekly 13 Thursdays. Sometimes I feel like a minister who writes and delivers a sermon each week.
2. Write Up My Alley, Honk if you Play 13 Thursday, 13 Lines Not for Fishing, The 13 Score, 13 Degrees of Spring Fever, The 13 Thursday Drum Roll, 13’s a Charm, 13 Talking Points, Breaking the 13 Sound Barrier and 13 O’Thursday are just a handful of the past titles.
3. I used to say “That’s Greek to me,” when I couldn’t understand something. Now, in today’s high tech world, I say, “That’s Geek to me.”
4. Number 3 happens frequently because I have no tech-no-logic.
5. I call the above photo “That’s What Uncle’s Are For.” It makes even more sense when you look at the photo below of the boy’s dad napping nearby.
6. Bryce and Liam are “picking” up where their Uncle Josh left off with their love of blueberries. Josh loved blueberries so much that for his July 10th birthday I used to make him a blueberry pie instead of cake. I even wrote a poem about him and blueberries, so when I heard he’d be in town for a wedding this weekend (and just home from 3 months in Australia) I texted him to say, “The blueberries are ripe!”
7. “I can see blueberry heaven,” Bryce kept saying about the blueberries he couldn’t reach. “It’s not easy getting into heaven. It’s so high up,” I answered.
8. What’s the difference between a podium and pulpit?
9. I think it’s fitting that the word UP is in JUMP.
10. I’ve always believed that I manifested my husband Joe with Steve Winwood’s song Higher Love, which I listened to, sang like a prayer and danced to a year before we met. More about my kind of worship HERE.
11. When I recently heard Aretha’s Franklin’s RESPECT while shopping at the thrift shop, I felt duty bound to dance in the aisles between the racks of clothes, since I have said many times that I will get up and dance wherever and whenever I hear that song. In 2008 I was undecided about going to my 30th class reunion when I got a call from a friend encouraging me to go. I asked if the DJ would be playing RESPECT and was told ‘we’ll see to it.’ I went and they did play the song and we all lived happily ever after. HERE’S the proof.
12. Note and tone are the same word like eros and rose. Good has god in it and earth has heart.
13. This is my 451st Thirteen Thursday entry. My very first one was in 2005 and is HERE.
Tada! _____________Thirteen Thursday