1. A recent status update seen on Facebook: I just killed a spider with a copy of Charlotte’s Web.
2. Speaking of irony, check out this croc with a croc in its mouth and other ironic moments caught on camera HERE.
3. My mind is a hot air balloon / I’m trying to launch / My heart is a spring / looking for the right tension / and poetry is the fruit / I thump to test for ripeness / I write because I’m hungry.
4. Today’s soundtrack is HERE.
5. It’s also ironic that the song (linked above) Hello My Old Heart is sung by the band called Oh Hello.
6. According to THIS New York Times story, Thomas Edison’s “Hello” beat out Alexander Graham Bell’s “Ahoy” for answering the phone. When Edison discovered the principle of recorded sound on July 18, 1877, he shouted “Halloo!” into the mouthpiece of the strip phonograph. The word was the traditional call to incite hounds to the chase, and is a close relative of such words as hilla, hillo, halloa and hallo, all used to hail from a distance.
7. My 5-year-old grandson Byrce: The first thing God thought of was dinosaurs. Then when they died he made humans.
8. Lately when I see the word “May” I think of it as an expression of possibility or allowing instead of a spring month.
9. My new glasses have been making quite a spectacle of themselves.
10. I think of them as the gourmet of glasses.
11. I think of spring as flirts in petal skirts and I fall for them every time.
12. Best vanity license plate seen this week: Shi9on.
13. “My poetry is suburban, it’s domestic, it’s middle class, and it’s sort of unashamedly that, but I hope there’s enough imaginative play in there that it’s not simply poems about barbecuing.” Billy Collins