1. I saw my blog in a dream with a post titled The Zee Bra.
2. I think it’s fitting that the word poser is within the word imposter.
3. Check out how THIS artist folds a life-sized elephant out of a single massive sheet of paper.
4. I love Wendell Berry’s take on old age: “I know I am getting old and I say so, but I don’t think of myself as an old man. I think of myself as a young man with unforeseen debilities. Time is neither young nor old, but simply new, always counting, the only apocalypse…Even the old body is new – who has known it before? – and no sooner new than gone, to be replaced by a body yet older and again new.”
5. My 3-year-old grandson Liam learning the alphabet: “M sounds like MMMM. Like cupcakes!”
6. How a scientist at the dentist explains climate change in 30 seconds with a mouth mirror wedged behind his molars: “Well first, scientists have known for centuries that certain gases in the atmosphere, like carbon dioxide, prevent Earth’s heat from escaping to space. In fact, the Earth would be entirely frozen without these natural gases. But second, emissions from human activities like cutting down forests and driving cars, which we can measure directly, are thickening the layer of these gases in the atmosphere, which we can also measure directly, and this is trapping even more heat in the Earth and warming up our planet. Thousands of scientists worldwide are in agreement that this is happening. Third, observations of increasing temperatures, sea level rise, and melting glaciers confirm this added warming.”
7. Floyd friend Hari Berzins, author of the Tiny House Blog, and her husband Karl were on the Today Show talking about how their family of 4 lives happily and debt-free in 336 square feet of space HERE. See the their story in The Ladies Home Journal HERE.
8. I hadn’t been to a horror movie since my teenager days watching B movie axe murders at the Weymouth Drive-in in Massachusetts. But THIS movie, the House of Good and Evil, was filmed in Floyd and a friend of ours had a key role. There was an axe in the movie, but the film was more of a physiological thriller, thankfully, than typical horror fare, not so much a ‘who done it?’ but more of a ‘what did they do and when?’ in the spirit of Rosemary’s Baby, Gaslight or Sixth Sense. A New Take on a Movie Date HERE.
9. A new take on the baby carriage HERE.
10. I think of my laying hens as pets with benefits.
11. What does it mean that the word cult is in culture?
12. An ice crystal wonderland, like sparklers on the 4th of July, fairy flowers for a snow queen. Check out my photos of this rare and beautiful weather phenomena, technically known as hoar frost, rime ice or fog frost, HERE.
13. “You should sit in meditation for 20 minutes each day, unless you’re too busy; then you should sit for an hour.” ~ An old Zen saying.