1. New word learned at a recent weekend at a party: Booyah! It’s right up there with Boomshakalaka!
2. Sheryl Crow on military action in Syria: like throwing a rock in a beehive.
3. Line seen on Facebook: It’s always good to keep an open mind, but not so much that your brains fall out.
4. Recent search that landed someone on my blog: “gucciardo tomato sauce.” Sorry folks, I don’t have Mickey G’s secret recipe.
5. The apples were early this year and so are the spiders, both usually come in or closer to October. We are being webbed in at our house. We had a banner year for yellow swallowtail butterflies and now it’s spiders. I’ve been trying to figure out why there are so many this year. Some say it’s because the cooler and wetter summer created more bugs, a food supply for spiders.
6. We have a lot of spider webs but not THIS many.
7. I met my husband Joe at the Laundromat, causing the Shangri-Las song Leader of the Pack to play in my head over the years. Imagine my surprise when I finally listened to the lyrics and discovered that she didn’t meet him at the Laundromat but at the candy store, and that THIS song by The Detergents must have been what I was thinking about.
8. Looking at an old picture of myself as a teenager, I confused myself by thinking about how the picture is old but I am young in it.
9. Interviewer to Yoko Ono: You’re 80 and still rocking. What’s your secret to staying forever young, and/or your philosophy on aging gracefully? Yoko: I don’t particularly think I’m gracefully anything. Maybe that’s the secret. I like to work, and I do. Each time I produce some artwork or music work, I feel energized.
10. Eric Clapton doing laundry at the Laundromat HERE.
11. To scare off predators, some spiders make decoys of themselves out of their webs, like THIS.
12. I’m trying to figure out more ways to use swoon in a sentence.
13. What a couple of flirts! HERE.