1. Playing zombies today with my grandsons Liam and Bryce, 5 year-old Bryce says: “This is a zombie reading a newspaper with no pants on. Throw a lawnmower at it!
2. I told Bryce that Row You’re Boat was his favorite song that I sang to him when he was a baby. When I told him I used to sing “Bryce is but a dream” instead of “life is but a dream,” he asked, “Was Bryce still my name when I was a baby?”
3. Watch 2 ½ year old Liam making zombie potions HERE.
4. Sometimes I see a resemblance between Greg House (Hugh Laurie) and Homer Simpson.
5. And I think NBC’s Andrea Mitchell could be Carrie Bradshaw’s mom.
6. I know Wobbegong sounds like a town in Garrison Keillor’s Minnesota, but it’s really a kind of shark.
7. You’ve heard of Sharknado, the low budget disaster movie about a waterspout that lifts sharks out of the ocean and drops them into Los Angeles? Well, this was a gustnado, an actual real weather event (a whirlwind which forms as an eddy in thunderstorm outflows) that lifted a bunch of beach umbrellas off the beach and sent them flying in the sky. See HERE.
8. Poplars aren’t too popular around here. We recently had to take down five giant ones that were growing too close to the house, blocking the sun and treeing us in.
9. Watch one fall HERE.
10. My kitchen counter top is cluttered with pots, pans and dishes in the same way my computer desk is cluttered with pens and papers. But I know where everything is!
11. Come to think of it, my garden is that way too.
12. No kidding, the strangest search that landed someone on my blog this week was “Redman lovers unite.”
13. Now, HERE are my favorite zombies!