1. My sister Sherry is a Grammy winner. She just became a grammy for the second time and has a beautiful new granddaughter named Chole.
2. My Grammy highlights were that I got to watch. After years (since HD) of having only one network channel, I fooled around with the menu settings and the antennae and now have all three, plus more!
3. We have our own glamor and glitz in Floyd. I’m talking about the annual Mardi Gras Costume Ball, (where the above photo was taken). There were wigs that lit up, glowing fairy wings and plenty of face paint, feathers and beads. More photos coming …
4. I was working on a newspaper deadline and getting ready to go down the mountain at dawn to baby sit my grandsons, so I missed a lot of the Grammys. I did notice that Chris Brown’s neck looked dirty (with tattoos), and I paid special attention to the Lumineers performance since they’re coming to Floydfest this year.
5. Seeing that the Last Bison will be playing at Floydfest made me wonder why Donna the Buffalo isn’t on the bill?
7. My four-year-old grandson Bryce has been teaching me how to walk like a zombie.
8. Last year we watched the Grammys from a hostel in Santa Monica, after driving to Hollywood the day before to visit blogger Naomi. On the way to Naomi’s we passed the hotel where Whitney Houston died. We didn’t know for sure but wondered when we saw a small group of people mulling about out front. After we confirmed it was indeed the hotel, we were sorry we hadn’t pulled over. It would have made a timely blog post.
10. The post office isn’t broke. It’s being robbed by Republicans intent on killing a government service for the sake of proving that government can’t work. See more HERE.
11. I love the word gaze, to look steadily, intently, and with fixed attention, but how easily it can become glazed, as in “her gazing eyes glazed over from boredom.”
12. Like a person who stutters doesn’t stutter when they sing, I am certifiably clumsy unless I’m dancing.
13. “Don’t feel bad if you don’t win. I never won this and I have my own eyelash line.” ~ Katy Perry at the Grammys this year.