1. “Life is too short to try and glue together the broken plates that were cheap in the first place.” ~ Blog title by master title-er Jennifer at Open Book.
2. The picture posted above is a self portrait in mosaic from a gas station in Blacksburg that was decorated by school kids and has since been torn down.
3. Strangely haunting portraits of passengers through airplane windows before Homeland Security HERE.
4. Video clip of the meteor crash in Russia that injured 100’s and broke windows HERE.
5. I just now realized while listening to old reruns of Seinfeld coming from my bedroom TV while I’m at the computer upstairs that Elaine (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) sounds just like Mary Tyler Moore.
6. My friend Mara is the poster child for our annual Mardi Gras (see HERE). Her name is even hidden in the words Mardi Gras.
7. That special moment when Fox News uses a photo of a married couple promoting “traditional marriage” and the photo is actually of a same sex couple: See HERE
8. “Today I met a woman whose license plate said Let it Be (L3TITB), the Beatles song she sang to her brother when he was dying.” ~ A sentence I imagined the dental assistant who helped with implant surgery yesterday spoke to her husband that night.
9. My blog is so old (8 years) that I can search on almost any topic and discover I have posted something about it. When I search for “outside the box” THIS is what comes up.
10. So, what do I check when given a box that wants to box me in? Read Pandora’s Box of Paradox HERE.
11. We join spokes together in a wheel / But it is the center that makes the wagon move / We shape clay into a pot / But it is the emptiness inside that hold whatever we want / We hammer wood for a house / But it is the inner space that makes it livable / We work with being / But non-being is what we use. Lao Tzu
12. Lately I’ve been pondering what the words repent, pent up, penance, penitentiary and penthouse have in common.
13. I used to like Reese’s cups but I gave them up for Lindt.
More blogging Thirteen on Thursday HERE.