1. After Christmas I was so tired I developed an opera yawn.
2. “We reduced drunk driving accidents without a total ban on alcohol. We didn’t think more alcohol was the solution to drunk driving.” From One Million Moms for Gun Control.
3. Me to my grandson Bryce: I don’t like gun games. Bryce: You just like love games?
4. We thought we could know everything through rational thought, through looking at the light and measuring everything, but we were wrong. Only 4% of the universe can be seen. 96% of the universe is dark matter and dark energy, which is why scientists have taken to using metaphors and quoting poets to try to explain it. ~ From The Economy of Soul HERE.
5. Posted by my friend Chris who runs a calendar kiosk in the mall at Christmastime: December 21, 2012 – At the calendar kiosk today all the Mayan calendars are 50% off. It is our End of the World Sale, one time only, no rain checks.
6. The holidays give a whole knew meaning to the term ‘what do you have to lose?’ Answer: Oh, about four pounds.
7. A recent meltdown HERE.
8. I thought of calling THIS poem White Wedding but I didn’t want to think of Billy Idol.
9. What do you pack in a metaphorical suitcase for a trip to the afterlife? HERE.
10. A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other. ~Author Unknown
11. Last year my New Year’s resolution was to stand up straight and resist the urge to lean into the sink when I’m combing my hair and brushing my teeth. This year I want to resist the urge to try an anti-depressant for low grade depression/anxiety and try dancing more instead.
12. More on gun control from a member of Occupy Wall Street: “We suggest putting a teacher in every gun store.”
13. The world’s most accurate watch HERE