1. At my son Josh’s recent 16 Hands home pottery studio tour, I met a pottery collector named Potter.
2. I found out his name when I asked him if he was a potter and he answered with the riddle, “Ever since I was born.”
3. Another 16 Hands conversation went like this: Josh: I’m going to tap the keg now. Me: What? You guys just go from coffee to beer. What ever happened to water? Josh: The main ingredient in coffee and beer is water!
4. My sister is remodeling her kitchen and putting in new distressed country cabinets. I recently realized I was right in style and not needing new cabinets because my old ones are already distressed.
5. Funny how we refer to a “blank page” when we really mean a blank computer screen and still call an artist’s new CD an album.
6. According to dictionary.com rendezvous is the only English word with a silent Z.
7. ZZ Top got there name from two brands of rolling papers, Zig Zag and Top, and as a tribute to the blues legend (who I never heard of) ZZ.
8. I really want to do THIS!
9. dog noses look like alien monsters.
10. Snowmen look like ghosts.
11. When my son Josh was little he was very concerned that his big stuffed Christmas snowman had no hands.
12. I like to browse through the Troika Gallery at The Station in downtown Floyd because they have the best feng shu in town. They also have my son’s pottery displayed there (pictured above).
13. Joe and I made THIS video of a blow-up Santa in a plane (with not plane deer) for our 2-year-old grandson Liam because he loves planes (which he calls manes). We made THIS one for four-year old Bryce, who has a good sense of humor.