1. Recently seen on Facebook: Bad kids get coal. Good kids get solar panels.
2. The funniest thing my four-year old grandson Bryce said to me this week happened when I was writing in a sketch pad. He looked at what I was doing and asked, matter-of-factly: “What’s that, Chinese writing?” I laughed and told him than his nana just had messy handwriting, but he insisted it was Chinese writing.
3. Paranoid, asteroid, annoyed, destroyed and sustainably employed all rhyme with Floyd, which I became aware of while listening to the lyrics of a Floyd-inspired song by Planet Pulse’s Jim Metzner when he was in Floyd recently co-teaching an oral history workshop. Listen HERE to a video captured by my friend Kathleen of Metzner performing the song.
4. Because I have Dyscalculia I can’t decide if my standards have gotten higher or lower.
5. Dyscalculia is a learning disability that is lesser known than dyslexia. It affects a person’s ability to understand, remember, or manipulate numbers or number facts. Dyscalculia sufferers may be easily become disoriented and have little or no sense of direction. They often have difficulties with time, measurement, left/right orientation, rules in games and spatial reasoning. Learn more HERE.
6. I find it annoying that Amazon keeps texting me.
7. I recently saw my husband Joe driving his truck in town on his birthday. I tried to hit the horn to the tune of “happy birthday to you.”
8. My husband really does bring home the bacon, only in our case it’s venison sausage, burger, round steak and tenderloin.
9. How big does a brussel sprout have to be before you call it a cabbage?
10. The only winter weather we’ve had so have is metaphor snow, like THIS.
11. I guess I’ll have to see THIS movie, even though it’s a thriller involving an axe, because it was filmed in Floyd and my friend Rob plays the real estate guy in it.
12. Yesterday I opened a new container of play dough for Bryce. He promptly sliced it in half and started playing brain surgery with it.
13. The illusion of peace or a new decorating idea? See HERE.