1. “At the heart of our ad-saturated democratic process is a moral paradox. Politicians raise and spend billions of dollars to convince us to trust them. But the fevered competition for votes virtually compels them to lie to us.” Dana Radcliffe
2. The red leaf lips photo posted here, which I got from the Recycled Art Foundation on Facebook, has made me look at leaves on the ground in a new way.
3. Studies show that extroverts lie more than introverts, that men lie eight times more than women about themselves and that women lie more to protect others. ~ More from How to Spot a Liar, a Ted Talk by Pamela Meyer, HERE.
4. “In the wake of Barack Obama’s decisive re-election, it’s time for him to vigorously address the most pressing issue of our time: climate disruption. Sandy is the mandate.” Kristen Sheeran and Jules Boykoff
5. A myth is a lie that tells the truth.
6. Is THIS true?
7. “Read my lips” is the iconic phrase used by George H. W. Bush to promise no new taxes and which likely cost him re-election because he did raise them. It’s also the name of movie, albums, songs and a lipstick.
8. In autumn my porch is like the deck of a ship sailing through a sea of fall foliage.
9. A smile is an instant face-lift.
10. Over the years some of my 337 Thirteen Thursday’s have been named The 13 Thursday Brainstorm, Another One Bites the Dust, The 13 Thursday Sermon, The whole 13 Thursday Shebang, I Can’t Believe I Wrote the Whole Thing, 13 Thursday Was Here, 13 O’Thursday and the13 ring Circus, but probably the strangest 13 of them all is 13 Thursday Sushi Belushi HERE.
11. Sign seen on Facebook: “We met for a reason. Either you’re a blessing or a lesson.” Frank Ocean
12. Passionate kissing burns 6.4 calories a minute. A Hershey’s kiss contains 26 calories, which takes five minutes of walking–or about four minutes of kissing–to burn off. More facts, including how Eskimos rub noses instead of shaking hands because the rest of the bodies are covered in warm clothing HERE.
13. Even in elementary school, I always liked the Indians more than the Pilgrims.
~ The Thirteen Thursday headquarters is HERE.