1. This post began when I was with my sister Kathy for her last chemo treatment and she said ‘why don’t you take a picture of the #13 chemo station for your 13 Thursday?’
2. The photos posted here sum up the reasons why I traveled 800 miles to Massachusetts in November (and missed THIS Floyd event among others). One photo shows my niece Heather being walked down the aisle by her brother Andrew.
3. The other is a toast, celebrating my sister Kathy’s last chemo treatment and how great she’s come through it.
4. While she was getting set up for the chemo drip something technical started beeping. “Did you forget to buckle you seat belt?” I asked her.
5. Because the treatment is so toxic, the nurses who administer it wear gloves, gowns and sometimes goggles.
6. Another celebration followed a day later when I learned that President Obama won re-election. I couldn’t stay up late to watch all the results come in because I had to travel back to Virginia the next morning, but I stayed up long enough to feel confident that he would win. The next day Joe and I watched his acceptance speech on my iPhone at a restaurant near the airport.
7. Best election night tweet: NBC just declared The Cayman Islands for Mitt Romney.
8. Posted on Facebook about the election by my Dharmacratic friend Will: “Katrina sunk Bush and Sandy demolished Romney. Gaia, evidently, has a blue bias.”
9. There’s a bar in Boston’s Logan Airport called Cheers Bar and Grill that’s designed to look like the TV sitcom Cheers. The bar in the show was actually fashioned after one on Beacon Hill, called the Bull and Finch Pub.
10. Television series set in Boston: Cheers, Ally McBeal, Banacek, Boston Common, Boston Legal, Boston Public, Crossing Jordan, The Practice, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, St. Elsewhere, and Spenser: For Hire.
11. Movies set in Boston: Knight & Day, Good Will Hunting, Blown Away, The Bostonians, The Brink’s Job, Charly, A Civil Action, Coma, The Departed, The Town, Fever Pitch, Field of Dreams, Fuzz, Gone Baby Gone, Housesitter, Johnny Tremain, The Last Hurrah, Legally Blonde, Malcolm X, Mystic River, Next Stop Wonderland, Now Voyager, The Paper Chase, The Thomas Crown Affair and The Verdict.
12. There’s a bathroom attendant in the Charlotte airport that puts on a show like a lounge singer. I wish I could remember the song she was singing. All I can remember is the word “blessed,” rhymed with the word “guests.”
13. Sometimes you want to go where everyone knows your name and they’re always glad you came. Listen HERE.