1. I think of a life like I think of a poem. The beginning is important. It should say something meaningful and have some resolution at the end.
2. Sometimes I feel guilty that my sisters can’t grow their nails and I have to cut mine because they get so long.
3. I wonder if the fact that I enjoy non-fiction more than fiction explains why I only post my own photos on Facebook rather than more beautiful ones someone else took.
4. Best street protest sign posted on Facebook this week: You have the right to remain silent but I don’t recommend it.
5. When we recently took the screens out of the chicken coop that the chickens had been walking up and down because we wanted to clean them, they were all too scared to try jumping in and out the coop. “They’re just chicken,” Joe said.
6. I’m as much for curing breast cancer as the next person, but I can’t help thinking with all the breast cancer pink ribbon products out there that the cause is becoming more about a commercial brand than a commitment to find out the cause of it.
7. THIS really scares me.
8. I recently became interested in the phrase “sock it to me,” which I used to write on my school notebooks as a teenager. Apparently, the modern usage began with a 1966 Mitch Ryder song of the same name. Aretha Franklin sang it in the song 1967 Respect, and from there it was picked up as trademark phrase in the 1968 – 1973 TV show Rowan and Martin’s Laugh In.
9. Other famous songs that spelled out titles were Van Morrison’s Gloria and The Village People’s YMCA.
10. Pet peeve of the day: overpriced clothes in catalogs that charge the same price for polyester and acrylic as they do for cotton, wool or silk.
11. Another pet peeve: I’ve already voted but still have to listen to campaign ads.
12. Last week I came across some excellent quotes by Warren Buffet, like: “No matter how great the talent or efforts, some things just take time. You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant.”
13. When chickens run they look like cartoon characters. Watch the black one HERE.