2. Another petal in the lotus of Floyd. – What Woody Crenshaw, owner of the Floyd Country Store, said about the Yoga Jam.
4. I woke up on Tuesday to my husband wearing a baking apron and holding a dead black snake in his hand. It’s not what you think. While making pizza for some of the people he works with, he went to feed the chickens and found a black snake in the pen sleuthing for eggs.
5. I know I’m probably in the minority, but I like to watch presidential conventions more than the Olympics.
6. I have a friend on Facebook named “I love it when I wake up and Barack Obama is the President.”
7. Ever wonder why most every politicians feels the need to end a speeches with God Bless America: Analysis of more than 15,000 public communications by political leaders from Franklin Roosevelt’s election in 1932 — the beginning of the modern presidency — through six years of George W. Bush’s administration revealed that prior to Ronald Reagan taking office in 1981, the phrase had passed a modern president’s lips only once in a major address: Richard Nixon used it to conclude a 1973 speech about Watergate. – From Before Reagan, Only Nixon Said God Bless America HERE.
8. Watch a WSLS reporter balance on the yoga slackline at YogaJam HERE.
9. An update on the movie, The House of Good and Evil, being filmed in Floyd is HERE.
10. I said this (or something like it) first: Only in America can you be pro death penalty, pro-war, pro-nuclear weapons, pro-unmanned drone bombs, pro-guns, pro-torture and still be pro-life. – John Fuglesang, American comedian
11. I also said this: Republicans and Democrats are like Fords and Chevys. Like the Yankees and the Red Sox, they have an almost irrational need to take sides.
12. Amazing chewed apple art HERE.
13. Check out which way do you see the world, from the left or right HERE.