1. Said to Joe on the Parkway while carrying a bunch of just picked apples back to our car: I think it’s interesting that booty and bounty sound so much alike.
3. Why Afghan Women Risk Death to Write Poetry HERE.
4. This is the last entry by blog friend Terri-Lynn posted before she died in 2009: Monday Moment – When you’re driving over the little bridge and the sun is just over the horizon and shimmering across the tidal creek, it makes up for having to go buy coffee at 6:00 AM.
5. Sometimes I go to her blog just to re-read it.
6. Blogging is a form of regularity for me and if I go a couple of days without posting I don’t feel right.
7. This is my favorite Facebook post of the week, written by a mom about her daughter: So we’re pretending that we’re cooking in an oven, as we lie in the sun. I’m a fish, she’s a sweet potato. She decides that she needs to make siren noises as she bakes. I tell her she’s the loudest yam ever, and we write a book with that title.
8. Getting the quotes right when I’m writing a story for the paper is like getting the dates right in a history test.
9. Quote worth repeating: “Why is it easier to believe that 150,000,000 Americans are being lazy rather than 400 Americans are being greedy?” – From a sign at Occupy Wall Street
10. “If you vote against Obama because he can’t get stuff done, it’s kinda like saying ‘this guy can’t cure cancer, so I’m gonna vote for cancer.’” – Chris Rock
11. Four posts come up when I search the word “bounty” on my blog, including this: Besides apples, we find pears. With our knapsacks full of bounty, we keep our eyes on the sky as we hike our way back up to the road. The late afternoon sun is already casting a golden glow as it drops low. But there’s still time to make it to the Saddle Overlook (where Joe and were got married 10 years ago) to watch the sunset. Sunset in the Blue Ridge Mountains is like a like an exclamation point at the end of a “once upon a time” day.
12. Said to Joe at the Sean Keane concert, held at the outside Pine Tavern Pavilion on the coldest night of the season: The thrill is gone. The chill in on.
13. I think there should be a whole new shade of blue called Picasso.
#360 Thirteen Thursday