1. Sometimes I watch the blog like a clock. What time is it? It’s 3 comments.
2. I recently got a phone call for one of my online alter-ego Colleen Redmans. She’s an active Democrat from Alaska who was married to a Jim Redman (my brother’s name) who recently passed away. Another Colleen Redman alter-ego is a writer from Australia who writes about health and wellness I can see why people get us mixed up, and they do.
3. The above should be read to THIS playing in the background.
4. Joe’s one minute poem that goes with THIS photo and was spoken at Bethany Beach: It’s our kind of day. All we have to decide is where to eat and where to lay.
5. Whenever I hear Republicans say we need to ‘take back America,” I think, ‘no, we don’t; we want to take it forward, not back.’
6. Is exaggeration lying?
7. GOP strategist and CNN pundit Alex Castellanos said that Clinton’s recent speech at the DNC tilted the scale. “Tonight when everybody leaves, lock the door. You don’t have to come back tomorrow. This convention is done. This will be the moment that probably re-elected Barack Obama.” Listen HERE.
8. “This is what the election comes down to. Over and over, we have been told by our opponents that bigger tax cuts and fewer regulations are the only way; that since government can’t do everything, it should do almost nothing. If you can’t afford health insurance, hope that you don’t get sick. If a company releases toxic pollution into the air your children breathe, well, that’s just the price of progress. If you can’t afford to start a business or go to college, take my opponent’s advice and ‘borrow money from your parents.” Barack Obama
9. Why do fashion models and football players both scowl when they have their pictures taken?
10. THIS option should be available everywhere.
11. Clocks were the high tech of Thomas Jefferson’s time. Read about our trip to Monticello HERE.
12. It’s an artificial life support system / A propped-up, plugged in / subliminal intervention / A perpetual cuckoo / with an unflinching stare / With the sleight of its hands / it makes the present disappear … Read the rest of the On the Clock: Time Fights for its Right to be Free HERE.
13. A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure. – Old adage