1. The soundtrack of September is cracking nuts. The squirrels gather them up and drop them on our shed roof to break.
2. What will they think of next? Take a look at THIS guitar boat.
3. Maybe what they will think of next is vases made of soap that look like porcelain heirlooms. See HERE.
4. Joe, passing a busy Kohl ice cream stand in Bethany Beach last week: They make a mint.
5. Joe noticing the list of flavors at the Kohl ice cream stand: Oh look, they literally do make a mint.
6. Best quote seen on our friends’ Jesse and Oana’s wedding guest survey: Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth, ‘you owe me.’ Look at what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. Hafiz
7. Somewhere in Charlottesville while attending Jesse and Oana’s wedding I saw the brick wall in the picture above and thought of my Asheville Potter Son, Josh, a self-confessed brick geek who collects found bricks, recycles old bricks, makes his own bricks, and builds wood fire kilns with bricks.
8. Josh believes that nothing would have happened without bricks and clay in general. He once had a show based around a found pipe (for moving power/water), a found vessel (for holding food) and a found brick (for making shelter).
9. The wolf can’t blow them down either.
10. Inspiration exists but it has to find you working. ~ Pablo Picasso
11. Waiting to use the restrooms at the restaurant in Charlottesville I noticed the M and W signs on the bathroom doors, and it dawned on me how, like men and women, the M is upright and outward and the W is inward and they both fit within each other.
12. Lately I’ve been thinking about my writing as: On the front page of the paper one day, in the wood stove the next.
13. Om mani padme humming along, the planet’s a prayer wheel, life is a song. ~ Posted on Facebook by my Dharmacratic friend Will.