2. Is THIS a typo or a photoshop prank?
3. Floyd County voted for Ron Paul in the Republic primary but only Paul and Romney were on the ballot. Voter turnout was so low that I couldn’t get a voting shot for the paper, so I took a photo of the 5 women election officers at the courthouse district site who said they gave the people who voted a standing ovation when they came in to vote.
4. Question seen on Facebook: If steroids are illegal for professional athletes should photoshop be illegal for models?
5. My hero HERE.
6. As long as “The Dow” is “the way” of our culture instead of “The Tao” we’ll be lost.
7. Amazon.com is the new Sears catalog.
8. Past Virginia poet laureate and Pulitzer Prize winner, Claudia Emerson (who I met and wrote about HERE), has a new book of poems out. One poem in the collection, called Half-Life: Pittsylvania County, Va, is about the farmland proposed to be mined for uranium in Pittsylvania County, where Emerson grew up.
9. I think it’s a mistake and would severely compromise the region’s promising agricultural and economic future and threaten its public health. ~ Claudia Emerson on uranium mining in Virginia.
10. There’s no money in poetry, but then there’s no poetry in money, either. ~Robert Graves
11. Headline in the Roanoke Times about the Republican primaries: “Romney and Santorum fare well,” which I know means they did pretty well, but I read as “goodbye.”
12. Today’s theme song HERE.
13. And THIS is the song Joe says made him fall in love with me. I sang it to him one night when he was falling asleep.
… And that’s my two cents worth.