1. THIS makes me happy
2. I keep a rock by my bedroom window in case I have to scare away the neighborhood bear that might want to eat the deer that my husband Joe has hanging from the tree (our year’s supply of hunted meat.)
3. Sometimes I think that shadows are the real world and physical matter is a dream.
4. Joe has always said if he found the right tattoo design he might go ahead and get inked. I feel that way about an Occupy Wall Street. If I could come up with just the right sign I might go join the occupation.
5. I think it’s fitting that the word pie is in the word piece.
6. Strangest search that landed someone on my blog this week: mind altering potato chips.
8. Can a Pope be recalled or required to get therapy? “Benedict claimed that as recently as the 1970s, “pedophilia was theorized as something fully in conformity with man and even with children.” In this climate, the Catholic Church’s actions were merely reflecting the moral relativism of the times: “It was maintained — even within the realm of Catholic theology — that there is no such thing as evil in itself or good in itself,” Benedict said. That is, church leaders weren’t sure if child sexual abuse was wrong, since secular society seemed to accept it. More HERE.
9. All my dreams are basically the same, involve being completely lost and relate back to early abandonment issues. Last night I dreamt that I walked all the way to Roanoke in the rain to take care of a little sick girl. It took everything out of me. A high school boy who tried to kiss me was looking up bus routes online to help me get back home.
10. Every morning one of the first things I do is look out the window and scan the yard for that resident black bear. This morning I was still half asleep when I saw a black cat pounce out of the shed and run across the yard and I thought for a split second that the bear had shrunk.
11. I almost wish I still lived in Massachusetts so I could vote for HER. Maybe she’ll run for president some day and I will.
12. THIS is the song I want played at my funeral.
13. Bursting bubbles for “justice” HERE.
More TT’s HERE.