2. My fingers get confused going from commenting on blogs to commenting on Facebook the way my feet get confused while driving a stick shift one day and an automatic next.
3. Note to self: Hitting the ENTER key to post comments on Facebook doesn’t work for commenting on blogs, which needs the point and click of the mouse to post.
4. Playing Scrabble with friends Mara and Leah on Monday: Mara was coloring in a mandala coloring book but it was her turn and she didn’t have 7 letters, so Leah said, “Quit coloring and draw.”
5. “Palindrome as well. My sister’s name is Hannah. Father liked word games. He was fourteen times World Scrabble Champion. When he died, we buried him at Queenzieburn to make use of the triple word score.” — Jasper Fforde (The Big Over Easy)
6. Every time I drive to Christiansburg and ride by the subdivision with a sign at the entrance that says “Clover Lea” I remember the first time I saw it and thought someone left out the letter F.
7. “Uranium mining is the most deadly part of the nuclear technology process and it’s never been done safely anywhere. If it contaminates the water in desert it’s only a matter of time before it contaminates a FEMA Flood zone in VA, which is where they want to mine and mill uranium. It’s madness and will create a dead zone for our state.” ~ Anne on Facebook after reading that our governor reportedly said that Virginia stands to “gain a lot” by a safe and vibrant nuclear industry.
8. “Knock knock?” Colbert said. “Who’s there?” asked the crowd. “Unlimited union and corporate campaign contributions,” Colbert said. “Unlimited union and corporate campaign contributions who?” the crowd replied. “That’s the thing, I don’t think I should have to tell you,” Colbert quipped.
9. Short of a shamrock I think I’d get Joe’s cell phone number tattooed on my arm (which I can never remember), if I was serious about a tattoo.
10. Taxpayers footing the bill for Faux News: We are paying Fox News parent company News Corporation $4.8 billion in taxpayer dollars even though they made a profit of $10.4 billion! They are also getting sued by shareholders for not sharing the profit, and they are facing criminal charges for wire tapping in the UK… Where’s the popcorn? ~ Comments seen on Facebook. More HERE.
11. It took hearing a news report that a woman cut off her husband’s penis for me to learn that aggravated mayhem is a criminal offense that doesn’t refer to rowdy, riotous behavior but literally and legally means: intentional and wanton removal of a body part that would handicap a person’s ability to defend himself in combat. Mayhem is the most serious offense the woman faces, carrying a possible life sentence.
12. My corn is as tall as a teenager. If it was a kid it would be in junior high.
13. Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. ~Albert Einstein
Thirteen Thursday headquarters HERE.