Here is the second installment of my “100 Things About Me List.” One of the things that isn’t on the list but should be is that I love lists. Number 1 – 25 can be found here.
26. I live in a log cabin.
27. I once said I would have nothing to do with a computer.
28. My husband and I have the same IQ number but for different reasons.
29. My older brother, Jimmy, dubbed me with the nickname “Colly Dog” when we were kids. My younger brother, Joey, couldn’t say my name and called my “Lo Lo.” My dad calls me “Colly Wolly Wolf” (building on the dog-like theme?)
30. Dyslexia and dyscalculia run in my family.
31. I am one of nine siblings. “God bless mommy, daddy, Jimmy, Kathy, Colleen, Danny, Sherry, Johnny, Joey, Bobby and Tricia” was my nightly prayer as a child. My husband is also one of 9 siblings.
32. I didn’t know the word for “spatula” until I was 20. We just called it “the spanking stick” in my house.
33. If I was a bird, my call would be: A Loud Yawn.
34. I was once a delegate for presidential candidate Jerry Brown.
35. Donavan and Bob Dylan inspired me to write more than anything in school did.
35. If I hear Aretha Franklin sing “Respect,” I will get up and dance no matter where I am.
36. I read all the Hobbit books, all of the Narnia series, all of The Borrowers, and most of The Mossflower books out loud to my sons when they were young.
37. My husband and I hiked down the Grand Canyon and camped at the Havasupi Indian Reservation. We left a week later via helicopter.
38. I’ve seen the Eiffel Tower and regretted not going into the Louvre.
39. I recently saw a Black bear less than a quarter mile from my house.
40. I’d rather be stuck in traffic than drive on the Autobahn in Germany
41. I speak pig latin and gibberish.
42. Good artwork can make me twitch. Sometimes it makes my eyes water.
43. When I was young I wanted to be like Annie Oakley or Peter Pan.
44. I write because I hate to lose anything and writing something down is a way of keeping it.
45. I have a blue willow platter that my grandmother carried when she was a girl and sailed to this country from Ireland.
46. I’m not a leader, but I’m not a follower either. I’m a party of one.
47. I used to meditate on the subway on the way to work at a boutique on Tremont Street in Boston.
48. Now I live in a one traffic light county in rural Virginia with no street lights or speed limits on the back roads.
49. I recently won first prize, a $100 gift certificate from a bookstore, at a local poetry slam.
50. I’ve been working through a life long phobia of public speaking.