1. I think it’s interesting that the word bankrupt has bank right in it, and rupt, which makes me think of a rupture, as in “break the bank.”
2. I was close: The word bankruptcy is derived from Italian banca rotta, meaning “broken bench,” which may stem from a custom of breaking a money changer’s bench or counter to signify his insolvency, or which may be only a figure of speech.
3. I like the idea of downsizing and tiny houses are popular right now, but I could never live in one because they don’t tend to have bathtubs. HERE is the story of a Floyd family that have gone national with their tiny house living.
4. While recently writing about how hot tea and hot baths are the ritual highlights of my day, I thought of THIS poem about my first hot flash.
5. Last night in the bath, I was thinking about the man whose awakening from an eight year coma came in part because he hated the Barnie reruns that aired continuously at the care home he attended each day. I’ve always thought Barnie was an insult to the intelligence of little children as compared to something like Sesame Street. HERE is that man today.
6. My Asheville Potter Son who gets a kick out of bricks might like THIS.
7. Or better yet THESE 3D printed spinning sculptures. Amazing.
8. I got the letter “S” from my sister Sherry in a game we are playing on Facebook in which friends describe you in word beginning with your given letter. I got scrupled, sage, savvy, sweet, sensual, strong and two sassys.
9. I gave a friend the letter “P” and picked Punny to describe her, as in funny with puns, which she is.
10. I can dig that singer/songwriter Sia wants to keep her identify a secret because she wants to be able to “get fat and pee on the side of the road” without the paparazzi bothering her, but I think the black visor veil she wore over her face during her performance on Saturday Night Live only served to draw attention to her. See what I mean HERE.
11. I was mesmerized by the performance, not because of her song (that sounded like Rihanna’s Diamonds because she wrote it) but because of the amazing dancers that danced during her performance. Funny how I saw the Jim Carey parody before I even knew who Sia was and now it makes more sense. Jimmy Kimmel’s take was even funnier HERE.
12. Like genuflecting before an altar, I kneel in the hot bath water, adjusting to the temperature and thinking how perfect it is. I pull the shower curtain over, like a priest opens and closes the confessional window, and the ritual begins. – Read more about how taking a bath is part of my religion HERE.
13. “Someone needs to explain to me why wanting clean drinking water makes you an activist and proposing to destroy water with chemical warfare doesn’t make you a terrorist.” – Winona LaDuke
____________Thirteen Thursday / Sunday Shadow Shot